With the good and the bad, the last qualifying round for this season's Champions League, took place last night. It is a disappointment for me not to see Brondby in this year's edition, although I must praise the hard fight they put up against Ajax Amsterdam.
After today's draw fort he groups, these look as follows:
- Group A: Bayern Munich, Juventus, Rapid Vienna, Club Brugge
- Group B: Arsenal, Ajax Amsterdam, Sparta Prague, Thun
- Group C: Barcelona, Panathinaikos, Werder Bremen, Udinese
- Group D: Manchester United, Villarreal, Lille, Benfica
- Group E: AC Milan, PSV Eindhoven, Schalke 04, Fenerbahce
- Group F: Real Madrid, Lyon, Olympiakos, Rosenborg
- Group G: Liverpool, Chelsea, Anderlecht, Betis
- Group H: Inter, FC Porto, Glasgow Rangers, FC Artmedia Bratislava
The tournament is starting on September 13th and 14th, and there is surely to be some exciting matches. Notice group A, with Bayern Munich and Juventus. Also, Group G, where defending champions Liverpool will be facing Premier League champions Chelsea, and Spanish Cup winners Betis. Group F will have a spectacle of football when Lyon faces Real Madrid, and Manchester United-Villarreal should be another exciting encounter.
Post a Comment