Thursday, June 27, 2024

Arepa versus Taco

 I have a special relationship to both Venezuela and Mexico. Venezuela because I lived there and love the country very much, and Mexico because I am so fortunate that I will soon move to the beautiful country. While I did not watch the match, I heard that Venezuela had defeated Mexico 1-0 in Copa America on a goal by good ole' Solomon Rondon (who is actually now playing in Mexico, Pachuca). Great for Venezuela, who after defeating the favourites of Ecuador have maximum points in their group, and may do as well as they did in 2011 (when I happened to live there).

Mexico in the meantime continues in crisis. They won their first match, but will now have to face Ecuador in a very difficult match that could see them through or bust.

In the meantime, I am happy that the Arepa beat the Taco!

:)

No comments: