This is my personal top-ten list of the best teams of the year 2010:
10) VfL Wolfsburg: surprising winners of the Bundesliga under Felix Magath.
9) Brazil: came out again as huge favourites for the World Cup, qualifying in South America and winning the Confederations Cup in awesome style
8) Bordeaux: Broke the dominance of Olympique Lyon winning the French league and was splendid in the CL.
7) Chelsea: Did not win the Premier League, but are leading the PL 2009-10 under Ancelotti. They did win the FA Cup and have been outstanding in the 2009-10 CL. In the 2008-09 CL they are remembered for a splendid quarterfinal against Liverpool and a dramatic semifinal against FC Barcelona.
6) Switzerland u-17: Surprising world champions of the u-17, first time they participated, defeating Nigeria in the final in Abuja.
5) Ghana u-21: The strength of Ghanean youth football was shown when they won the u-20 world cup for the first time, and giving further hope for the huge progress in Ghanean football (Ghana is, according to myself, the most serious African candidate to reach the world cup final)
4)Estudiantes de La Plata: Argentinean Apertura Champions, winners of the Copa Sudamericana, and vice-champions of the world.
3) Shakhtar Donetsk: Somewhat surprising winners fo the UEFA Cup, and did well in the CL in an extremly difficult group.
2) Manchester United: Premier League champions in awesome style, they were nevertheless overrun by an extraordinary Barcelona in the CL final. Still, vying for the PL first place and continue strong in the CL.
1) FC Barcelona: has won every single tournament they have participated in this season, as the first team ever (Spanish Cup, Spanish League, Spanish Super Cup, CL, European Super Cup and World Club Championsip) and the team under Pep Guardiola plays some of the most beautiful football ever seen. Simply awesome.