Friday, May 06, 2005

Danish Cup Champions!

I do not get to see any Danish football these days. It is not a priority on African TV.
But yesterday I was overly happy to get a message from a friend, that Broendby had won the Danish Cup title, with a 3-2 victory against FC Midtjylland (do not mind the name…). It was apparently an exciting match, and Broendby only took the title after a dramatic extra time. I can almost feel the excitement!

Broendby, which is coached by the legendary Michael Laudrup, has a good shot at winning trhe double now. With 8 rounds left of the league, Broendby is 4 points ahead of FC Copenhagen. I hope to get to Denmark to celebrate the double!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hej Erik,
My congratulation to Brøndby, although I hoped that FCM had won this time.

Anonymous said...

Hi Eric. I agree with you assessments. However, as the big fan I am of your web-page, I am really looking forward to reading about the CL Final. I deeply hope that you had opportunity to watch this fantistic game.

El Erik said...

Thanks Søren! And sorry for the long delay. I ahve been in Eastern Region, Upper East, Upper West and then back to Denmark. I ahve followed football though! Would have to go to another planet to get away from football (and probably even there I would find it...)