Sunday, June 17, 2018

Denmark winning in El Salvador

I went to a place called Strikers in San Salvador to watch Denmark-Peru after the big disappointment of watching Argentina-Iceland. I was surely the only Dane there (I doubt there are any other Danes here) against a small group of Peruvians who seemed much more into it than I did.
Denmark won, and I was happy. Denmark played bad and were lucky to win, but that shows the luck factor in football. But you cannot count on luck throughout the tournament, and after having seen such a shitty performance, I cannot say that Denmark are certain not to lose against Australia or France. Peru on the other had showed skills but lacked to keep their head cool.

1 comment:

El Erik said...

https://www.bold.dk/fodbold/nyheder/simon-kjaer-peru-var-rigtig-rigtig-gode/
I think that it is really really patehtic that the Danes apparently had never watched Peru play before. When you prepare like this for a World Cup, you do not deserve to win any matches. Denmark did