Saturday, January 27, 2018

My week is ruined

It was with expectation that I sat down and watched Valencia-Real Madrid this morning (I am in El Salvador). Valencia have been strong under Marcelino, while Real Madrid are in a crisis: eliminated from the Copa del Rey by unfancied Leganes and 16 points behind Barcelona there is even talk of firing the great Zinedine Zidane.
But the match was a disappointment: down 0-2 at halftime (on two penalties by Cristiano Ronaldo), I got some hope when Valencia scored and seemed on the way back. But at Marcelo's 1-3 goal, I stopped watching, only to learn later that Real Madrid won 1-4.
Real Madrid remain in fourth place, just behind Valencia. If it ends like this, it would be the first time since 2004 that Real Madrid ends outside the top 3, but this result  shows that this is unlikely.
My week has been ruined.

No comments: