Thursday, March 08, 2012

Messi five, Leverkusen 1

I am becoming more annoyed at Barcelona, but I do not believe that anyone can doubt Lionel Messi's genius after a night like tonight, where he (with some help from his teammates) trashed Bayer Leverkusen 7-1.
Barcelona had won the first match 1-3 in Leverkusen, and I must admit that I had doubts whether even to watch a match that would undoubtedly have as much excitement as paint drying. Still, I turned on the TV and let the match go as I did other things. In the end, one could not but help watching, even against a very poor Leverkusen side, awaiting for Messi's fifth goal that I think everyone knew would come, to become the first player ever to score five goals in a Champions League game.
Messi is a record-breaker, soon to become the most scoring player in the history of FC Barcelona, and well, to the rest of us, we are just without words.

No comments: